Skip to main content

The Return of the Drag-On

Hey, everybody!

I apologise for the long hiatus and that it came so unexpectedly. I've been very busy with writing projects and bringing the income in my house as well as medical issues in the family. Things are leveling out though. So I hope to post at least once a week although it may not always be so fancy like today.

If you want to catch up on my writing projects, please feel free to visit the links below. I'm writing under a new additional column at Examiner.com. It's the Social Networking Examiner's column for the Sacramento area. I just started so you won't see a whole lot there, but there will be more coming soon enough. In the mean time, you'll find a lot of my articles under the Sci-Fi Examiner column, so you might find some interesting stuff going on there.


I hope all of you had a great holiday season, including the Chinese New Year, Year of the Dragon. I love dragons as well as Chinese culture so much I just had to go out to a Chinese buffet and stuff myself near sick. lol But like the Gregorian calendar's New Year, like Christmas, Hanukkha, and Kwanzaa, it only comes once a year, the Year of the Dragon much less. So I decided to get out of my box and live a little that night. lol

Until next time . . .

http://www.examiner.com/scifi-in-sacramento/steven-rose-jr

http://horroraddicts.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/horroraddictscon-steven-rose-jr-horror-and-dark-fantasy-i/

http://horroraddicts.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/horroraddictscon-steven-rose-jr-illusions-free-fiction/
(This is an early introduction for my latest book of short fiction that is scheduled to be released sometime this spring. Included is an excerpt from the title story. Keep coming back here to my blog (A Far Out Fantastic Site) for updates on it.)

http://www.examiner.com/social-networking-in-sacramento/steven-rose-jr


Illustration Credit: PDClipart.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book-To-Movie: ‘The Andromeda Strain’

Credit: Pixabay.com To find out how you can read this post without ads, visit my Patreon page !   It’s time for our monthly Book-To-Movie ! For those of you who are just tuning into this blog, a Book-To-Movie is when we review a work of prose fiction and its movie adaptation. Today we are reviewing another book and film relevant to today’s pandemic: Michael Crichton’s novel, “The Andromeda Strain” and its 1971 movie adaptation. Crichton  is the writer of suspenseful science fiction, what would commonly be called today, science fiction thriller. “The Andromeda Strain” is exactly that. However, as good as this novel is, the suspense in the movie adaptation plays out better.  The Book In “The Andromeda Strain”, published in 1969, a NASA satellite returns to Earth carrying an alien virus. It lands in a small Arizona town by the name of Piedmont where the virus infects and kills everyone except an old man and an infant. A team of four scientists go to a top secret lab in Nevad...

Book-To-Movie: ‘The Lawnmower Man’

Credit: Pixabay Warning: This review may contain spoilers. In past Book-To-Movies, we’ve reviewed several movie adaptations of books and short stories by famous science fiction and horror authors. All those films have stuck to the plot of the original work to at least some recognizable degree. But this week’s Book-To-Movie will be the first to review a film that does a poor job of staying faithful to the original plot. The film is 1992’s “The Lawnmower Man” which is based on Stephen King’s short story of the same name. Even so, the movie is a really good one. So then what’s the problem? The problem is that it’s hardly an adaptation and so more its own story simply with the title of King’s short work slapped onto it.  ‘The Lawnmower Man’: The Short Story Stephen King’s “The Lawnmower Man” originally appeared in “Cavalier” magazine in 1975 and was then collected into his book of short fiction, “Night Shift” the following year. The story’s protagonist is a middle-aged husband and dad ...

Book-To-Movie: ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’

Both the 1959 and the 2008 movies based on Jules Verne's novel, "Journey to the Center of the Earth", feature terrifying monsters such as the ones here in this illustration from an early edition of the book. Credit: Ã‰douard Riou/ Wikimedia Commons   Warning: This review may contain spoilers. As I said last post , I’ve postponed the month’s Book-To-Movie review from last week to this week. For those of you who are just tuning into this blog, a Book-To-Movie is when we review a work of prose fiction and its movie adaptation. And this weekend’s review is of Jules Verne’s novel, “Journey to the Center of the Earth” and its movie adaptations. There have been several movies based on this novel that was originally published in Paris in 1864 (as “Voyage au Centre de la Terre”). However, most of them have been either made for TV or video. Because I believe movies are best when made for the big screen, I am going to review the theatrical films in which there have been two: the 195...