I said I'd show it to the beta readers first, and so I did. I said I would then show it to my newsletter subscribers [link], and so I did. Now I'm showing it to the rest of the planet. Yes, this post, along with the ones on my Facebook and Instagram pages, is the official reveal of the book cover to my new and upcoming collection of short stories, "Bad Apps"!
You’ll find the cover with the most recent and final revised version of the book’s blurb below. I'd like to thank the illustrator who I hired, Eternal Visual, for doing such a super job on the illustration to the cover. He took it even further than the concept sketch I gave him to work from, and I approved it with very little thought because I was that impressed! Thanks, again, Eternal Visual!
For the cover's font's, I used Orbitron because, out of Kindle Direct Publishing ‘s font selection, it was the one most fitting for the science fiction short story collection this book is. But the book is also horror and so will provide plenty of scares and suspense!
Credit: Steven Arellano Rose Jr. and Eternal Visual.
"Bad Apps" is a collection of techno-horror short stories that encounter mobile device apps that are strange, sinister, and deadly. Many of these stories deal with the weirdly scientific, while others go right to the brink of the supernatural. Some blur the lines between reality and virtual reality, others feature handheld devices that connect to parallel universes and alternate timelines.
A young woman discovers that her computer’s search engine is reading her mind. A teenager downloads to his phone a voodoo doll app and uses it against his enemies. A streaming music video conjures up a demon. These and the many other techno-terror tales in this book show the nightmarish consequences of when technology goes too far on both the programmer's end and the user's.
Next will be the release of the book itself! It will be coming out at the end of the week sometime. Once it does, I’ll announce it on my Facebook page and here at the Far Out Fantastic Site. So, check back at either throughout the week!
'Star Trek' Turns 60!
![]() |
| Credit: Wikimedia Commons/Paramount |
Last Tuesday, September 8th, was the 60th anniversary of one of the best space opera series of all, "Star Trek"! For sixty years, the "Star Trek" franchise has amused viewers and created fans with its visionary storylines and loveable characters. Created by Gene Roddenberry, it started with the original TV series in 1966, first airing in Canada on September 6th and then in its home nation of the U.S. on September 8th, the day now officially recognized as its birthdate. It has grown into a full phenomenon offspringing two series of movies, both fiction and non-fiction book series, and three animated series. That's not to mention all the other media and collectable items, such as games (including board and video), action-figures, and models of the franchise's nearly countless starships!
I've always been a lover of "Star Trek" at least since I was six, but I seriously started getting into it when I was going into my freshman year of high school. What I like about both the original series and the franchise overall is that they're optimistic in their visions and characters while making believable stories. Ever since it began in the 1960s, "Star Trek" has been a franchise of optimistic futures of (relative) peace and diversity among peoples (including aliens). It's a vision that we need more than ever, and "Star Trek" is carrying it on the vision and I hope it does for many more years.
So, what do you think of the book cover to "Bad Apps"? Are you a "Star Trek" fan and, if so, what is your favourite series or movie?
Until next time . . .

.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment