Google+ Followers

Sunday, February 7, 2016

New Pop Culture Blog now Live and Museum Launches Sci Fi Journal

A spacecraft hovers over a few people in a desert landscape.
Photo Credit: Mike Winklemann/Museum of Science Fiction



I just launched my new pop culture blog, The Super Freek. There I’ll discuss everything in geeky (and freaky) pop culture, except reading and writing fiction. Since these last two I post about here regularly, I’m trying to focus the new blog on other forms of pop culture such as movies, TV, pop music, video games and computer technology.

Other news: last week the Museum of Science Fiction in Washington D.C. launched its Journal of Science Fiction. This publication consists of well-researched articles about the genre rather than just your typical quick review of a movie or book. It examines how the genre influences society and vice versa. And the great thing about it is that you can download the premiere issue for free! To find out how to do that, check out my article about it at Examiner.com.

It’s been a long day preparing and launching the new blog and I’m not even finished with it yet. I still have plenty of illustrations and widgets to add, so I’ll be working on doing that throughout the week. So I’m cutting this post short. I’ll be returning to my fiction writing that I put on hiatus for almost the whole week. So next post I’ll have a better idea of when I’ll be releasing my next short story and perhaps I’ll have a little more of an update on The Hidden, too.


Until then . . .  


Haven't had time to read Andy Weir's New York Times best-seller, The Martian? Consider purchasing it on audio at Amazon! Click on the image below for easiest access.





2 comments: