Skip to main content

Book Progress: Searching for the Correct Number of Stories

Twelve squares, each containing a Halloween icon.

Dunking for "Apps" instead of apples this Halloween!  Image Credit: Pixabay


I was going to have for you a list of movies for watching this Halloween season. I was also going to include the countdown to the number of stories left to revise for my upcoming collection of short fiction, "Bad Apps". However, I, embarrassing as it is to admit, couldn't even remember the total number of stories that I was going to include in the book, not counting the bonus story that I announced in my last newsletter, “Night Creatures’ Call”. In that issue, I said the total number of stories to be collected in "Bad Apps", including the bonus, would be eight. Well, I combed through several papers in my writing folders and filing cabinet Saturday evening looking for the book’s written plan to find the exact number of stories. I couldn't find the plan anywhere. I don't know what the hell happened to it. It probably just got lost in the piles, possibly during that time I was in the infirmary for two weeks three years ago while my parents were cleaning my apartment of mountains of paper accumulation. God knows if it ended up in the pile to be shredded. 

So, I spent the rest of Saturday night going back through drafts of my stories that I remembered I would include in "Bad Apps" and did a count of them. The correct number of stories to be included in "Bad Apps", including the bonus, is 9.

Now that I have the precise total number of stories, I can tell you how many I’ve revised and how many more I have to go: I’ve revised four stories, I’m in progress of revising two more one of which is in the phase of typing in the grammatical corrections, and I have two left to revise one of which has already been but I will be rewriting the ending because it makes the character come across as too weak. That will be a total of eight stories. The bonus story was revised and finished years before. (No kidding.) 


For more details on "Bad Apps", sign up for my free author's newsletter. The next one will be coming out towards the end of the month and will be the special Halloween issue. Next Monday, I'll have a list of horror films for your Halloween viewing, many of which will be based on books and/or short stories by a very famous author or two. 

Until then . . .


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book-To-Movie: ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles’

Credit: Wikimedia Commons I apologise for posting outside our regular post-day which is late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. However, I got behind on several things last week and so had to postpone the post to today.  I’ve been a reader of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes books ever since I was 11. What I’ve always liked so much about the series is that, like a good horror story, the stories often take place in dark settings and involve bizarre cases. Conan Doyle’s novel, “The Hound of the Baskervilles”, definitely contains these elements. It’s a detective story that crosses over into the gothic horror genre. Several movie adaptations of the novel have been made that go as far back as a 1915 German silent film. In 1959 Hammer Studios released a version starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. As much as I’m a fan of the Hammer horror films, I have not seen that one yet. The only one that I’ve seen so far is the 1939 adaptation starring that other big name in classic Bri

Book-To-Movie: Stephen King’s 'The Raft'

Credit: Pixabay.com It's the third Saturday of the month and so that means it's time for another Book-To-Movie ! In a Book-To-Movie we review a book and its movie adaptation. One of the reasons I as a horror fan don’t read a lot of Stephen King’s work is because most of it consists of novels that go more than 400 pages. I have a short attention span when it comes to reading, ironically since I consider myself an avid reader, and so I normally won’t read a work that is much more than the equivalent to a 350-page mass market paperback. The other reason why I don’t read a lot of King’s work is that, as literary scholars will tell you, a lot of his writing is poor. However, he does have some good writing in his works, especially his earlier stuff, including his short horror tales. So if I read anything by Stephen King it’s usually his short stories or novellas. One of his collections I’ve read is Skeleton Crew which includes some of his good, or at least

Book Release: 'The Trespassers' Now Available! and Free for Some!

Credit: the blogger My short-read science fiction book of  alien terror, "The Trespassers", is now available for purchase! But it's also free for some some people. Who are these lucky people who will be getting free ebook copies of "The Trespassers"? They are current subscribers to my author newsletter, "Night Creatures' Call"! I will be sending them their free e-copies in the next week. So, current subscribers, be sure to check your in-boxes!  For those of you who aren't subscribers to the newsletter, you don't have to miss out on the free deal! Simply subscribe  between now and August 19th 2024 and then you too can get a free ebook of "The Trespassers"! And that won't be the only thing that will be free if you subscribe--the newsletter subscription is free too as always! I do, however, ask that only US residents subscribe due to the differences in nations' anti-spam laws.  So, that's "The Trespassers" ebook