Skip to main content

Steven Arellano Rose’s Patreon© Page Now Live With Special Offer

The Patreon wordmark.
Credit: Patreon


My Patreon creator page is now live! You can go on it and check out the many benefits it has to offer. However, although the benefit types are listed in each Portal (Tier), not all the benefits themselves for this month are up yet. I still have to create some more and gather others from the vaults of my home, if you will. But a benefit of some sort is waiting at each Portal. All you have to do is join! 

Now, a few details about my Patreon page:

The majority of artists, including writers, in the U.S. are very low-paid. Many aren’t even paid for their work at all. I’m a writer of speculative fiction and related non-fiction which includes movie and book reviews. Without creating spoilers, I give people insight into books and films beforehand so they can know whether they want to invest their time and money in them. I also take people to impossible worlds and make it seem like they are possible by telling stories. I like to entertain as well as give people a new perspective on life. I feel that fiction does these best. But unlike centuries ago, the storyteller is not taken very seriously these days, at least not at the economic level. And so, in order to support myself as a writer, I’ve launched the page at Patreon. 

Patreon is an online platform where like-minded people with common interests can gather as a community and support their favourite artists. Often, in return, those artists will reward their supporters with access to their work among other things. If you join my Patreon page you will get benefits such as book discounts, awesome print tees, groovy stickers, in-depth and ad-free articles and access to work-in-progress. 

So, if you believe in the power of popular art and genre fiction, if you believe artists should get the proper payment for their work, then join me on my Patreon page! 


It was a challenge getting that page off the ground. I thought it would go live last night but when I pressed the launch button, I received a message saying that the safety committee at Patreon had to review it first. It’s a policy for each new page. Fortunately, the committee approved it late last night and so I was able to make it go live today instead of having to wait the whole weekend. If you go there, make sure to check out the special offer that I’m giving as a way of celebrating the page’s first day! It runs from now until October 13th 2020. Also, if you haven’t already done so, check out the Insecure Writer’s Support Group post for this month here! 

Until next time . . . 


A multiplying silhouette devil woman.
"She's just a devil woman . . . !" --Cliff Richard
Photo Credit: Pixabay



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book-To-Movie: ‘The Andromeda Strain’

Credit: Pixabay.com To find out how you can read this post without ads, visit my Patreon page !   It’s time for our monthly Book-To-Movie ! For those of you who are just tuning into this blog, a Book-To-Movie is when we review a work of prose fiction and its movie adaptation. Today we are reviewing another book and film relevant to today’s pandemic: Michael Crichton’s novel, “The Andromeda Strain” and its 1971 movie adaptation. Crichton  is the writer of suspenseful science fiction, what would commonly be called today, science fiction thriller. “The Andromeda Strain” is exactly that. However, as good as this novel is, the suspense in the movie adaptation plays out better.  The Book In “The Andromeda Strain”, published in 1969, a NASA satellite returns to Earth carrying an alien virus. It lands in a small Arizona town by the name of Piedmont where the virus infects and kills everyone except an old man and an infant. A team of four scientists go to a top secret lab in Nevad...

Book-To-Movie: ‘The Lawnmower Man’

Credit: Pixabay Warning: This review may contain spoilers. In past Book-To-Movies, we’ve reviewed several movie adaptations of books and short stories by famous science fiction and horror authors. All those films have stuck to the plot of the original work to at least some recognizable degree. But this week’s Book-To-Movie will be the first to review a film that does a poor job of staying faithful to the original plot. The film is 1992’s “The Lawnmower Man” which is based on Stephen King’s short story of the same name. Even so, the movie is a really good one. So then what’s the problem? The problem is that it’s hardly an adaptation and so more its own story simply with the title of King’s short work slapped onto it.  ‘The Lawnmower Man’: The Short Story Stephen King’s “The Lawnmower Man” originally appeared in “Cavalier” magazine in 1975 and was then collected into his book of short fiction, “Night Shift” the following year. The story’s protagonist is a middle-aged husband and dad ...

Book-To-Movie: ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’

Both the 1959 and the 2008 movies based on Jules Verne's novel, "Journey to the Center of the Earth", feature terrifying monsters such as the ones here in this illustration from an early edition of the book. Credit: Édouard Riou/ Wikimedia Commons   Warning: This review may contain spoilers. As I said last post , I’ve postponed the month’s Book-To-Movie review from last week to this week. For those of you who are just tuning into this blog, a Book-To-Movie is when we review a work of prose fiction and its movie adaptation. And this weekend’s review is of Jules Verne’s novel, “Journey to the Center of the Earth” and its movie adaptations. There have been several movies based on this novel that was originally published in Paris in 1864 (as “Voyage au Centre de la Terre”). However, most of them have been either made for TV or video. Because I believe movies are best when made for the big screen, I am going to review the theatrical films in which there have been two: the 195...